(Serves 4) Preparation time (depending on your chopping skills) 15mins Cooking time 1 hour Pre-heat the oven to 190°c (Cooking times will vary depending on your oven, we use a fan oven)
• 2tsp Secret Chef All in One British Seasoning.
• 4 medium Chicken Breast, diced.
• 2 medium Leeks, washed and cut in rings.
• 150g tinned Sweetcorn, drained.
• 25g Butter
• 25g Flour
• 1Pt (600ml) Milk
• Sea Salt to taste
• 1 pack ready rolled Puff Pastry
• 1 Egg beaten
• Fresh Ground black Pepper.
• Seal the chicken in a little hot oil and put to one side. (do not cook right through)
• Melt the butter in a heavy bottom saucepan.
• Add the leeks and stir continuously for 2 minutes.
• Stir in the flour and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
• Take the pan off the heat and gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce. Return to the heat and, stirring all the time, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
• Stir in the British Seasoning and salt to taste.
• Add the chicken and sweetcorn, mix through gently and transfer to an oven proof dish.
• Place the ready rolled puff pastry on top of the dish and crimp around the edges. (you can roll this pastry out a little, but only a little, if it is too small)
Brush with beaten egg and grind over black pepper.
• Place in the hot oven and cook for 40 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.