Meet the team
Diary of events
The Shroom Room
Book a Tour
The Farm Shop
Pasta with mushroom sauce
Wild mushroom soup
Venison Steaks with Wild Mushroom sauce
Chicken & Leek Pie
Where to stay
"Pasta with mushroom sauce"
• 25g unsalted butter, chopped
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• ½ onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 100g Mixed wild mushrooms, chopped
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 50ml white wine
• 50ml double cream
• 1 tsp chopped parsley
• 150g pasta, cooked al dente
• 25g/1oz pine nut
• Melt the butter with the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
• Add the mushrooms and cook until soft. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
• Add the white wine and cook to reduce by half.
• Add the cream and simmer for five minutes, then add the parsley and check the seasoning again.
• Toss the pasta through the sauce, then serve in a warm bowl and sprinkle over the pine nuts.