Meet the team
Diary of events
The Shroom Room
Book a Tour
The Farm Shop
Pasta with mushroom sauce
Wild mushroom soup
Venison Steaks with Wild Mushroom sauce
Chicken & Leek Pie
Where to stay
The Farm Shop Recipes…
"Venison Steaks with Wild Mushroom sauce"
Preparation time (depending on your chopping skills) 10 mins
Cooking time about 15mins
• 3 tsp Secret Chef Game seasoning.
• 2 tbsp butter.
• 2 tbsp flour.
• 240ml milk.
• 1 onion (finely chopped)
• 250g Forest Fungi mushrooms.
• 4 x 200-250g venison steaks.
• Season the venison steaks with Secret Chef Game Seasoning and set to one side while making the wild mushroom sauce.
• Melt the butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan, add the chopped onion and fry for 2-3 mins.
• Add wild mushrooms and fry for a further minute.
• Mix Secret Chef Game seasoning with the flour, add to the mushrooms and cook for 30 sec. continuously stirring.
• Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
Continue cooking for at least 5 minutes.
• While the sauce is finishing off, pan fry your seasoned venison steaks to your liking.